Wednesday, November 12, 2008

6x6 Album With A Twist

Here is a 6x6 Album done with a twist. It is a sample album I made for the CK Convention. Here's the twist- Each page is actually a 6" x 12" page of cardstock folded in half and adhered together on the sides. Each page is a DVD Pocket. There are 12 pages. One for each month of my son's life. We will be burning all of his pictures from each month to a disc and placing those discs into the book. The whole book was done with one Simply Scrappin Kit "Rock-a-Bye Boy". There was lots of designer cardstock and self-adhesive diecuts left so I will probably do another one as a gift. The album took between 3 and 4 hours to complete. I think that's great for an album that has every picture for the 1st year of a child's life :)

Here is the cover and a page showing how the disc is placed.



Here are the rest of the pages:



15 comments:

sarahw said...

What a great idea! I wish I was that organized. LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's cool. I love the dvd storage idea! I must case that!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous idea! Your pages are great. Thanks for the fun idea.

Traci G said...

wow! This is such a GREAT idea!!! Your pages are all great too. I just can't get over how clever that is!!! thanks for sharing!

Brenda said...

Wow! What a special album! I love the idea of using 6x12 paper folded in half to store a dvd or cd! All of your pages are great! TFS!

Julia said...

Very cool!!!! It came out great and is a great way to save pics throughout the year!

Love the "trees" made with the photo corner punch!

Carmen said...

ok can I just say genious!!! What a wonderful idea and one that I will have to do at some point. TFS!

Carol Matthews said...

What a super idea - and what a beautiful scrapbook! I'm going to show this to my daughter (the mother of a month old granddaughter)! TFS!
Carol

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Jen, I am FREAKING OUT right now! That is the best idea I've seen in a LONG time! Gorgeous pages! I've got one of these kits downstairs...off to the scrapcave, Batman!

Anonymous said...

What a great book! I love how you made the trees with the corner punch so a great idea.

Amanda said...

Wonderful! Great idea to keep those extra pictures for storage. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Momma La La RN said...

Hello there..
I was wondering if this paper pack is available from Stampin Up?? I would love to be able to use the paper that you used, but in a girl themed! It is such a lovely idea..
Thanks...

Momma La La RN said...

Hello....
What a lovely album...
I was wondering if this paper you used was available from Stampin Up? I would love to get it in the girl colors and make a lovely album just like yours...
THanks for the idea!

Jennifer Murai said...

Mommy RN LaLa-

Yes this kit is available through SU in a girl version called Rock-a-Bye Girl. The item # is 112165. You can call or email me to order or order online on my site jenniferm.stampinup.net

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea! I'm going to have to do that for my new nephew!!! :) Which also means I will have to do one for my older nephew too.... Also what a great way to do a travel album.